Five to Follow on Friday
This week’s five to follow are educators with successful blogs. Some of them have even won a few awards for their efforts! While many teachers have classroom blogs or school blogs, these are teachers that have their own blogs outside of teaching but focus on education.
- @seomraranga – Seomra Ranga is the most successful Irish education blog in Ireland winning the best individual blog at the 2012 Edublog awards. Damien Quinn, the teacher behind the blog, is also an excellent tweeter and I was happy to nominate him as my best tweeter in the same awards above.
- @NL_84 – Nigel Lane runs a few blogs – the amazing Irish Teachers Tumblog, which aggregates every Irish educator blog. He also runs his own personal blog, which has lots of education-related stuff and he and I came together to form Seas Suas, which recently won the Best Group Blog award in 2012.
- @topgold – Bernie Goldbach is a well known blogger and may have been one of the first people in Irish education to start blogging. His blog, the Inside View, is well known throughout Ireland for his views on being an American living in Ireland.
- @pamelaobrien – Pam has been blogging for over a year now. She is a maths lecturer and she also is one of the organisers of the annual ICT in education conference in Tipperary.
- @domaho – Donal O’Mahoney runs the excellent eLearning Island, which is a must for anyone who is interested in well-thought, well-structured and balanced views about education.
There were many more teacher bloggers that could have been on this list but, sadly, I’ve restricted myself to five per week so I’ll definitely come back to this theme. If you know of any teachers who are blogging, please add them to the comments below.