Here are some great articles about Twitter in Education:
Opinions on Twitter
- http://steve-wheeler.blogspot.com/2011/04/twitter-le-triple-filtre.html – Steve Wheeler’s opinions on why Twitter is great for education
- http://mindshift.kqed.org/2011/03/5-ways-twitter-has-changed-education/ – 5 ways Twitter has changed education
- http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue56/houghton-jan/ – Twitter can give a sense of information overload. Is there any way of coping with all the information being thrown at you all the time?
- http://steve-wheeler.blogspot.com/2010/10/learning-and-teaching-with-twitter.html – Another post from Steve Wheeler about teaching using Twitter
- http://steve-wheeler.blogspot.com/2009/01/teaching-with-twitter.html – and another from Steve Wheeler who writes about some more ideas around teaching with Twitter. (I think he might need his own category here!)
Guides to Twitter
- http://cybraryman.com/howtochat.html – how to take part in a chat on Twitter
- http://indigenoustweets.com/ga/index.php – A list of Tweeters who tweet as Gaeilge
- http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/10-cool-twitter-visualisation-tools-714936 – 10 cool Twitter Visualisation Tools (see image on left)
- http://www.sapweb20.com/blog/powerpoint-twitter-tools/ – Free PowerPoint Twitter Tools
- http://www.twalue.com/ – Calculate the value of your tweets.
- http://twitpictoflickr.com/ – Sync your Twitpic images to Flickr
- http://twitpaint.com/ – Make a piece of digital art then tweet it!
- http://blog.storify.com/2010/05/blackbird-bookmarklet-publish-a-tweet-in-html/ – How to use Blackbird – a way of publishing your tweets as HTML
Interesting Twitter-related Lists
- http://digiphile.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/top-50-twitter-acronyms-abbreviations-and-initialisms/ – Top 50 acronyms for use in Twitter.
- http://www.problogger.net/archives/2011/04/10/3-ways-to-use-twitter-favorites/ – 3 Ways to use Twitter Favourites
- http://edudemic.com/2010/11/25-important-twitter-guides-and-apps-for-teachers/ – a list of guides to Twitter for teachers
- https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AclS3lrlFkCIZGhuMnZjdjVfMTE4Y2ZiOG1zZjg&hl=en_GB&pli=1 – A list of crowdsourced ideas about using Twitter in the Classroom fromedte.ch/blog’s Interesting Ways series.
- http://www.shanenickerson.com/nickerblog/2009/06/the-46-stages-of-twitter.html – The 46 stages of Twitter
- http://www.wikihow.com/Defeat-a-Twitter-Addiction – How to defeat a Twitter addiction